When there is water in your home or business, you need to move quickly to minimize damage. It only takes seconds for the water to spread, and often water damage can be worse than it initially appears. When you need water removed quickly, you need HOW Restoration & Construction. Our response team will be on-scene within a few hours of your call to start your water cleanup.
Frozen and leaky pipes are often the culprits for major floods and water damage. It only takes a few hours for wet drywall to disintegrate and if everything isn’t completely dried out, you could have mold in just two days. Whether you’ve discovered a broken or leaky pipe, a sewer line break, a sink or toilet overflow, or a malfunctioning appliance like a water heater, washing machine, dishwasher or refrigerator in your home, we are equipped to handle any problem of any size. HOW Restoration is water damage company near Prospect Park so we are able to respond quickly to emergencies.
Water Damage Cleanup & Removal in Prospect Park PA
We provide residential home and business owners with emergency water damage services covering multiple types of flood damage. We handle everything from water extraction, structural drying and cleanup of damaged items, to total rebuild. We don’t just remove free-standing water, but we extract every bit of water and moisture possible from your carpets and padding. We maintain all of our own equipment (portable extractors, truck-mounted pumps, submersible pumps, etc.) to ensure we’re prepared for any possibility.
We understand the inconvenience you are experiencing and will handle the water damage restoration process as quickly as possible. HOW Restoration will clean up flood water fast and help you avoid as much damage as possible.
Handling Your Flooded Basement & Burst Pipes
Flooded basements and crawlspaces can present more challenges than ground level spaces. Basements are the lowest point in a home and tend to flood first during any kind of water damage emergency. Water intrusions can occur in basements from sources inside and outside the home. Excessive rain can over saturate the ground, resulting in leaks and cracks throughout the basement. Hidden moisture can lead to mold and mildew that can invade and ruin your stored contents and valuables. Frozen, broken, and burst pipes can happen instantly due to the pressure and temperature difference within the basement. If any of these are happening to you, we will detect the water in your basement quickly and handle the water removal completely. Do not wait to call us if you have basement water damage.
Our Flood Damage Cleanup Process
To ensure your damaged property is taken care of safely and efficiently, We have a step-by-step process to follow to make sure your home or office is restored correctly and without issue.
- DAMAGE INSPECTION – Prior to scheduling an inspection or assessment, you should immediately stop the water at its source or call a plumber that will provide emergency services. Turn off electricity in the affected area and remove electronics. You should also begin moving your belongings to a safer area as soon as possible to minimize the damage.
- WATER REMOVAL – Water extraction equipment will be brought in immediately to remove any free-standing water. This equipment may include portable extractors, truck-mounted pumps, or even submersible pumps depending on the severity.
- STRUCTURAL DRYING – Once the standing water has been extracted, air movement and dehumidification are necessary to make sure that building materials are properly dried. There are standards set by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), and all professional water damage companies should follow them. Daily readings should be recorded for relative humidity, temperature, and moisture content.
- SANITIZATION – This step is vital to the entire water damage restoration process. After the structure is dry, it is important to have your property cleaned and sanitized. In addition to the structure of your home, it’s very possible that you will need to clean your personal belongings such as clothing and furniture. HOW Restoration will take care of all cleaning for your home or business.
- RECONSTRUCTION – We’re a general contracting company with plenty of experience handling emergency repairs. HOW Restoration has experience dealing with insurance companies and adjusters, which can help expedite the claim and payment, allowing your home or business to get back to what it was prior to the damage.
Prospect Park Sewage Damage Cleanup & Removal
We also provide safe sewage cleanup and sewage removal to keep you and your loved ones safe. Raw sewage is difficult to cleanup and can be extremely hazardous. sewage damage can contain high amounts of harmful bacteria and there are serious health risks associated with it.
When it comes to water damage, there are three types of contaminated water to look out for. Of course, an inspection from the professionals at HOW Reconstruction & Construction is necessary to positive identify each type and develop a plan to resolve the issue.
- CLEAN WATER – This is water that comes from a leaking faucet or broken water source. While it may sound harmless enough, it can quickly become a more dangerous category of water if left untreated.
- GRAY WATER – This is water that is contaminated and may make you ill. Gray water comes from washing machine overflow, dishwasher overflow, and toilet water containing urine. If left untreated, it can quickly degrade into black water.
- BLACK WATER – Black water is severely contaminated and may cause extreme illness or death. It most often comes from flooding rivers, standing water, and feces-contaminated toilet bowls.
Do not try to clean up a mess from broken pipes that are connected to a sewage line. Coming in contact with fecal matter or raw sewage can cause disease, can destroy your valuables and cause severe damage to your property. Only trained professionals with the right equipment should handle sewage removal. Contact HOW Restoration immediately to begin sewage cleanup as quickly as possible.
Your Prospect Park Water Damage Company of Choice
When fire or water damage is the issue, timing is everything. Our multiple locations allow HOW Restoration to reach clients in a wide service area as quickly as possible.
More Info About Prospect Park PA
Prospect Hill Baptist Church in Prospect Park claims a prominent role in instituting the phrase “In God We Trust” on United States coins and currency. A former pastor, Mark R. Watkinson, felt that the Civil War was going to leave the country with a bad name, “brother fighting brother in a civil war”, and wrote a letter to Salmon P. Chase, Secretary of the Treasury, suggesting “God, Liberty, Law,” be put on the coins. Chase referred the matter to James B. Longacre, Mint Engraver. A committee later settled on “In God We Trust”, and the words first appeared on a 2-cent coin. A plaque on the outside of the church announces the birthplace of the phrase.
Today, Prospect Park is home to attractions such as the Prospect Park Free Library.
Providing Services to Prospect Park PA, including 19076.